Proposal: Rally Whitepaper

Yep, it’s a great time to put it all together in a well thought out paper

3 Likes

OOOH - I’d be really interested in reading this if possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be more than happy to share it with you :grinning:

2 Likes

I’d like to read it too.

@voicebot & @PhelpsGG; the research paper ready for you. What’s the best way to get in touch with you guys?

Hi Choased,
I’d also be very happy to read the research paper (actually wanted to do one myself).

Any way to reach you?

Thanks

Hi Idan,

I’ve sent you a PM with my private email address. If you reach out to that address, I can share the research paper with you.

Regards, Paul

@Chaosed I’m researching actively on tokenized communities at the moment and I’d love to check out the paper too

Hi @anirudh_twt, my pleasure, what’s the best way to reach out to you?

@Chaosed

I’m interested in reading the research paper. I am new to the community as I started working on $PLAY recently and some Rally related projects but really looking to connect more with people building and bringing interesting ideas to life and see more perspectives from other people in the community.

Hi Paul,

How is the whitepaper progressing? Do you think it will be completed sometime this month or September?

Cheers,

Grand

3 Likes

Hi guys!

The whitepaper is progressing very nicely. The September deadline is still what we’re aiming for, however we’re working on incorporating the new aspects of Rally discussed here in the whitepaper as well. This may push the deadline back a little bit but we’ll keep you guys posted as we continue making progress.

Regards,
Paul

4 Likes

Hi Paul,

Hope I’m not late to the party :smiley:
I’m researching on NFTs and tokenized communities. I’d be glad to read the research work.

Hi Paul - any updates?

2 Likes

Hey everyone!

First and foremost, I want to congratulate the community and the RLY team with voting in [PROPOSAL] $RLY Network Decentralization. This is a far reaching and monumental update to the RLY ecosystem - hard work definitely pays off! The effect of the proposal however is that the whitepaper needs a sizable update to include the new ecosystem components. This comes with a need to adjust the deadline too. It is also an opportunity for additional members of the RLY team to provide input for the whitepaper, producing a more informative end product.

As it stands, I’m interviewing RLY team members on their respective projects (Bremner for Rally.io, Weiwei for Rally Asia, Amit for the $RLY Network Association and Gary for SuperLayer Labs) in order to get as much information about the projects as possible. In addition, we’re fleshing out a new format for version 2 of the whitepaper that better reflects the new structure for RLY and the ecosystem. The overall goal herein is to provide a comprehensive paper that explains all the elements of RLY ecosystem and how they relate to the overall goals set forth by the RLY team members and the community.
In terms of an updated timeline, we’re aiming for mid-October, early November. The ambivalence herein lies in the fact that I will be going on a vacation the last two weeks of September throughout which I will not be working on the whitepaper. On top of that, this version of the whitepaper will draw on the input and contributions of a larger number of RLY team members than the previous edition. This requires some additional organizing compared to a smaller team.

Moving forward I’ll provide you guys with updates as to the progression of the paper. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out or leave a comment, I’ll be more than happy to reply!

5 Likes

Short update regarding the whitepaper :slight_smile: Overall the progress has been very good, but we still have some work to do. We’re also looking for someone to help with the final editing in terms of making the whitepaper look aesthetically pleasing. If you know someone, let us know!

The skeleton for the whitepaper is finished. More concretely, the information regarding the RLY entities (Rally.io, Ecosystem DAO, etc.) has been collected, worked through and documented. The abstract, introduction, fundamental tokenomics and other individual sections have been written.
The next step is to have the representatives of the individual RLY entities flesh out the whitepaper in their respective sections. This means providing information on tokenomics, team structure, and anything else they consider ready for publishing.
The next and final step after that is to go over the whitepaper and do the final editing, correct spelling/grammar and all that good stuff.

In terms of the finishing the whitepaper, early November looks good but it will depend on when each contribution is made to finish each subsection.

I look forward to providing the next update :smiley: Once again, if you have any questions or comments I’m here!

3 Likes

Final update before the whitepaper get’s published!

Short recap of last month’s progress:
Much of the whitepaper has enjoyed numerous improvements, additions and other contributions from RLY team members. Their input has been invaluable in making the whitepaper a fully fleshed out whitepaper and making sure that each entity (Rally.io, SuperLayer, the DAO, etc.) is described in detail.
A lot of work has been done to make sure the paper is grammatically correct, the layout is top notch, all the sources is complete and most importantly, it’s accessible and easy to read for anyone interesting in the RLY ecosystem.
The whitepaper is essentially finished, final review by the RLY exec’s is ongoing and publishing should be very soon.

On a personal note, I’m very excited to have the whitepaper go live. A lot of work and passion has gone into writing it and I am confident it’ll be a great addition to the RLY knowledge base.

5 Likes

Thanks for your hard work!

Looking forward to it. Thank you and everyone working on it.

I’m just putting this link here because I always forget we somewhat migrated the old Rally ‘whitepaper’ to a broader ecosystem paper and the link is on rly.network, not rally.io woops.

1 Like