I’ve got a very Minimumly Viable Product for the Discord Role Bot. Code here: https://github.com/calvinloveland/CryptoRoleBot .
I wanted to get some feedback before I put more time into it. Hopefully it is what everyone was expected to fulfill this bounty. The repo has a README for running the bot yourself or if there is interest I can set up a test discord server containing the bot. What it still needs (in no order):
- Better helps and docs
- A permanent hosting solution
- A pretty profile picture
- Error handling (A lot of error handling)
Anyway, thoughts on the bounty:
- There really needs to be a way to verify that a user owns a Rally ID. Simply trusting that users own a public id not great.
- I’m not sure if there is a way to allow or disallow access to a channel without just assigning roles? The bounty could be more clear on how to handle channels.
- It seems to me like this bot will require some continued hosting for the bot. It may be that I’m just not experienced with how discord bots are usually run though. If it does require some hosting then a one time payment doesn’t really make sense since the bot will require continual support. (The twitch bot bounty handles this well I think)