Overview of the problem
Rally creators such as $WAXM are looking for ways to gate content such as their website using their Rally coin. Gating content using Rally coins allows creators to reward their top token holders with exclusive content, as well as generate more demand for their Rally coins.
MintGate would like to build a simple widget and API that would enable any Rally creator and supporter to set up walls on any content on the web from Youtube to Spotify to their personal site using their Rally Coin.
Simple widget that allows creators and any community member to set up a token gate on any content on the web.
An Example - How It Works:
- Nathan Stanz ($STANZ) uploads a live stream onto Vimeo (or any web2 content).
- He takes the Vimeo link, inputs it into the widget, selects his Rally coin, and sets the minimum amount of the coin needed to access.
- The widget generates a new link with the token gating enabled.
- $STANZ shares the token gated link on all of his social media.
- Any fan, whether or not they own a coin or have a Rally account, can click on the link.
- If they do not have a Rally account, they will be prompted to create one and purchase the coin amount to access.
- If they do have a Rally account, they sign in to the Rally account to confirm their token amount to access the content. If they have enough coins, they can access the token. If they do not have enough coins, they will be prompted to purchase the minimum amount to access.
Examples of implementation:
- Widget integration directly into the Creator accounts on the Rally platform.
- Widget integration onto creator and community personal sites for them to create token gated links without accessing the Rally platform.
- Create connectors of the widget to different e-Commerce platforms such as Shopify
Complimentary token-gating API with Rally OAuth integration
An Example - How it Works:
- $WAXM hires their own or works closely with growing Rally community developers to implement the API on a customized personal website or project.
- Once the API is integrated on the personal site, fans navigate to the site.
- Sign in to the Rally account to confirm their token amount to access the site. If the user does not have enough of the Rally coin, they will be prompted to purchase at least the amount to access.
Examples of implementation:
- Implement the token gating API to gate content on personal websites and projects.
We will continue to work with the Rally creator community to explore direct token gating integration via Rally coins with commonly used platforms including Twitch and Clubhouse. As part of this initiative, we will explore creating direct extensions to Rally OAuth and help Rally become the face of social tokens on all web2 platforms. Imagine, a Rally creator can set up gating of their content using their Rally Coin directly on their favorite web2 platforms!
As Rally explores new types of tokens (such as ERC-20s), we want to further advise Rally on token gating via different types of tokens.
We will also refer Rally as an option to mint social tokens for our NFT creators who are interested in creating social tokens.
For all Rally community developers who are building on top of our APIs, we will provide mentorship as well as free access to premium tiers.
We are looking for more feedback on the funding structure. We are excited about partnering with Rally and are very open to different paths to a partnership.
We are looking for $60,000 in RLY token to build the widget and API via current Rally OAuth for the next two to three months.
In addition, as Rally scales, we are looking to include one or more of these rewards options:
- For every creator creating more than five links a month via the widget on Rally, MintGate will receive $30 a month per creator via RLY token.
- For every user who does not have enough coins to access the link and buys more coins through the prompt, we will get a 5% of the token amount.
- Creators who want to access the APIs directly on their personal sites and projects will be billed directly. Creators and community devs can use the API for free up to 500 calls a month and an additional $50 a month (limited to 500 to 1,500 API calls) in equivalent RLY coin or their coin.
The Impact on Rally
We will target all creators (currently, 92) x an average of 5 links a month per creator = 460 generated token gated links a month x 1,000 views = 460,000 views per month. Out of those views, we would like to target 10% of those users (or 46,000 users) who will create new accounts or buy more Rally coins to access the content.
What is MintGate
MintGate is turning any online content into exclusive rewards using social money and NFTs. Our platform allows creators to use their tokens as a key mechanism to gate exclusive access to videos/music/data, killing the need for passwords. We created a platform designed to make token gated access easier and accessible to anyone.