$RLY Ecosystem DAO Summary and Purpose:
- Summary: A decentralized, autonomous organization run directly by $RLY token holders to govern and distribute a periodically refreshed budget for the benefit of the $RLY network.
- Objectives: Foster an organic, rich community-driven ecosystem of developers, creators, businesses, and service providers for the $RLY Network ecosystem.
- Business Model: Annual grants from the Association, with the first grant totalling 20M $RLY and $2M USDC.
Primary DAO Activities: Funding projects, companies or individuals via grants to build on top of the $RLY Ecosystem, which includes:
- Specific Projects: Build on $RLY, support existing projects for specific purposes, etc.
- Community (Education): Get grants to build elements of the $RLY ecosystem that will help current and future members.
- Product Launches: Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. We would provide a ~$50K equity-free contribution based on specific milestones for your application.
- Events and Hackathons: Sponsoring events and hackathons for people to learn about $RLY and build in the $RLY ecosystem.
- Bounties: Funding $RLY ecosystem specific bounties.
What do we fund?
- Research: Publishing Reports and Research Papers on concepts like “Engage-To-Earn”, Token Bonding Curves and other crypto-economic constructs appropriate for the $RLY Ecosystem
- $RLY Token Adoption: Owning the governance process for increasing adoption of the $RLY Token. Eg: Getting $RLY token accepted as an Asset on a DeFi protocol like Aave or Solend, or creating an Index that represents the $RLY ecosystem on Index Co-Op.
- Developer Tooling: Creating crypto tools that support the $RLY developer ecosystem. Eg: Token Bonding Curve Simulation Tools, On-Chain Analytics for Solana/Eth RLY.
Projects: Building on the $RLY token and launching a social/defi platform with “Engage-to-Earn” mechanics.
- Sponsorships and Events: Eg: Sponsoring Eth Denver/Solana Breakpoint events, Funding $RLY events (Panels, Meetups, etc), Sponsoring Crypto Podcasts and Newsletters.
- Crypto Community Partnerships: Entering into Strategic Partnerships through funding or token swaps with other DAOs like Developer DAO, FWB, etc that are strategically important to the $RLY Network.
What do we not fund?
- Rally.io or Unite.io specific creator tooling. Eg: a creator coin gating/airdrop tool
- dApp projects that do not integrate $RLY token.
- Rally Creator Marketing/Content
- Projects that add Coin utility for the Rally.io community, including Creators, Developers, or Coin holders.
- Grants requiring north of 1M RLY
How much funding is usually available?
Proposed Thresholds for Grants Funding and Review:
- Micro Grants: up to 50,000 $RLY, 4/7 reviewers approved
- Rapid Grants: 50,001 - 500,000 $RLY, 5/7 reviewers approved
- Community Grants: 500,001 - 1,000,000 $RLY, initial application to a form, posting the proposal on governance forum, community vote to approve.
What is the process of getting funding?
Post your idea on the forums to get initial feedback from other community members; tweet at us, message us etc. We usually chat and provide very quick feedback in regards to whether the project would be in the scope of funding.
We’ll usually reach out to jump on a video call with you and within 2-3 days within the call, you can expect either a strong yes signal of interest (90%+ which receive this get funding) or a response that it is not a fit.
Submit a proposal on-chain through the DAOHaus platform
If you get a strong yes signal from us, we’ll likely provide feedback and also have additional feedback for the project before we commit to a grant.
Title Description Manifesto/Vision Problem Solution Product Technical Integration - how to integrate RLY - timeline - Github option Validation Progress Differentiation Team Grant Request $ Funds Help Additional Resources
Submit Here: RLY Ecosystem DAO - RLY Discussion Forums
with: “Proposal: Name of Project” in the post’s Title Section
Will get invited to submit on DAOHaus to receive your grant