Help us identify innovative Creator Coin usage in the wild

Gotta catch em all…!

With the approval of the creator usage rewards pilot (thread and snapshot proposal ) the creator council is eager to reward creators and communities that have implemented novel ways to use their tokens. This certainly doesn’t preclude failed attempts and innovations as well!

If you are a Creator or part of a Creator community, please share any experiments or innovative uses that you’ve seen in the wild! The more detail you can provide, including any links or screenshots will be very helpful to us as we evaluate this first round of rewards eligibility and establish a framework for future submissions.

Please feel free to post here or reach out to anyone on the creator council through Discord with further questions or to share examples: @Grand, @jasonzm, @RainRaith, @sixmofo, @tdang-tran. If you are unable to find us there, please reach out to @Soul_of_Jacobeh or @PhelpsGG to track us down.

Cheers,
Grand

P.S. The council held our first two meetings and will report back to the community in a separate thread later this week. We are waiting until the most recent round of creators have had the opportunity to announce to their communities first.

3 Likes

I’d like to nominate Gary Henderson for the super slick implementation of the PassKit Apple Wallet Cards that show the user’s balance and the current coin price!

6 Likes

Jan Koenig, a prominent member of the $BOT community, has also just announced support for $BOT… to support the JOVO open source community- one of the most widely used chatbot/voice app development platforms out there.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing $BOT. I enjoyed Bret Kinsella’s write-ups, and better understand the $BOT community now: https://voicebot.ai/2021/03/17/voice-and-chatbot-creators-get-behind-bot-coin-with-new-use-cases/

The example you cite here along with the community member of the month are things I haven’t seen before, and we’ll definitely look at these on the council.

Thank you!

1 Like

I saw this on Discord and it looks pretty slick! We’ll discuss at the council if this fits the parameters of the rewards pilot for token use, but if not there may be another way Rally can reward useful innovations like this. @PhelpsGG

Hey there, ROBVOICE mentioned I should share what we did here, so here it is.

A meme in our Discord server about writing “tough guy” songs became a reality when for several weeks I wrote a “tough guy” song entitled “Hell Yeah” live on Twitch. Every aspect of it was written with community input, even the lyrics took on a GME short squeeze vibe in the second verse, because that was in the news during that weekly session. Several viewers even sent in their vocal recordings and we added them to the group vocal sections of the song (kind of like creative proof of stake!)

When the song was done it was added as a pinned download link in our #bagholders channel, the private channel anyone can join if they hold 5 $CRIME. It’s still not available to the public. It’s an inside joke with inside meaning, so we’re keeping it exclusive. Here’s a link to the Twitch announcement of the song drop in the #bagholders channel: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/994757335

I also pressed the song to 20 limited seven inch flexi discs, which are hand numbered and signed, then I alerted folks in the #bagholders channel and they sold (for 10cc each) right away.

All this to say, $CRIME has encouraged this inside joke of a song to be made that is exclusive to our community, and it now exists as a premium digital AND physical content. I think thats pretty cool!

If you want a link to the song feel free to msg me.

Other things of note, we’ve been playing weekly poker tournaments the last 6 weeks on pokernow.club. Everyone buys in using a campaign link for a certain amount of $CRIME and the pot is split 60/30/10 with the top 3 finishers. I will add a screen shot from a few weeks ago (new users can’t embed more than one). Every week we battle for cc’s (what we call Crimecoin).

I also sold 10 mystery boxes for 50cc each, which included several vinyl, shirts, old all-access laminates, lapel pins and handwritten lyrics. It was a great way to give something of value that was a surprise while also clearing out old inventory. I will attach a photo of one $CRIME holders haul.

We’ve also exchanged 90% off lapel pin coupon codes for $CRIME, which was successful as well. I have physical challenge coins being minted right now, laser etched numbered 1-100, for the top 100 Crimecoin holders. Lapel pins are on the way too.

It’s been very fun and rewarding to make things this way, like tending a single garden and watching it grow vs. the old way of running around to different platforms checking boxes off a todo list and fighting the algorithms for attention.

Thanks for reading and for supporting this work,

Matt MacDonald (theclassicmatt)
$CRIME

3 Likes

Here is a screen shot from the final 3 at poker a few weeks ago.

$CRIME

Here is a photo of one $CRIME holders mystery box haul:

$CRIME

2 Likes

Hi Folks - @jasonzm on the Creator council created a handy form for submissions. Feel free to post here, or submit through the form: https://forms.gle/5YjixaAafWTpHu746

Thanks!

This is so awesome. Thanks for the detailed write-up! Cool to see the campaign feature being used too!

Cheers!

1 Like

There should be some level/achievement to attain this reward. As creators work hard it is shown by the growth of supporters and the price of their coin. I would suggest we have some threshold creators have to reach so we continue to encourage innovative thinking. How about 115k/120k in coins or a specific number of supporters becomes the minimum. This reward is to build and encourage so therefore I feel that we should award those who have worked very hard.

Thanks! Yes, everything we do is with the Campaign links since the merch sales have been limited as well as the poker tournament slots. It adds a sense of urgency, too. When folks are pinged they respond quickly.

I just took this screenshot of the Mystery Box sale announcement and fulfillment in our Discord. From order to shipment was done in less than 24 hours via Campaign link

2 Likes

Hey y’all - this is a post from Danny AKA Wax Motif that got stuck in support approval - he’s got great usecases that deserve consideration from the council for the innovation $RLY pool:

Hey guys. My name is Wax Motif (www.waxmoney.com). I’m a music producer and DJ from Sydney, Australia and I launched my coin about 4 weeks ago. I kept my launch lowkey so apologies if I’ve been a bit quiet. I’m not new to crypto but a lot of my fans are so having a slower approach has given me time to onboard my day 1 fans whilst trying to minimize speculators and provide security through stability. I’ve been into the concept of social tokens for some time so it’s extremely exciting to be able to finally execute some of these ideas. I’ve tried to build my use cases around the three pillars of buying, holding & exchanging. Some of the cases we’ve already implemented within my Waxgang community include:

• Waxgang Discord: Private discord with tiered membership levels (Tiers 1 - 4)

• DSR Dropbox: Direct access demo dropbox for my record label at Tier 4 which is checked daily

• The Marketplace: which is a place to exchange goods and services for $WAXM. Think Fiverr meets Craiglist. One person in our community is currently doing private Call Of Duty coaching lessons weekly and receiving donations in WAXM

• The Studio: This is the place to get direct help with one of your tracks from me. Checked daily. Accessible at Tier 4.

• The Waxgang Fund: This is a community Rally wallet which we all donate to. The fund will be used for community related activities / charities. Any Tier 2 and up member is eligible to vote on the use of the funds in the Voting Booth thread. While the fund is still building (almost at $1k USD) we have been pitching ideas across the community which range from secret santas, paying for a private Waxgang shuttle bus at a festival like EDC, paying for an end of year community party, investing in digital assets, charitable donations to community members in need, etc

• Bassline Boss: This is a monthly production battle I host on twitch with a new guest judge every week. Our guests have included headline DJs such as Tchami, AC Slater, Chris Lorenzo, Dombresky & more. The entry fee for the battles is 1 $WAXM coin (+ the 1 $WAXM required to access the discord)

• Demo Day: This is a music demo stream I host to find music to sign to my label Divided Souls Records. The entry fee for the battles is 1 $WAXM coin (+ the 1 $WAXM required to access the discord)

Tiered Reward System: These threads offer prizes and contests randomly. Eligibility for each of these will depend on the members tier status. Prizes so far have ranged from free sample packs, discount codes, exclusive music downloads and currently we are giving away a double pass to North Coast Festival for all 3 days eligible to anyone who is Tier 2 and up.

Redeemable Reward System: To encourage holding and accumulating. The prizes here are a huge list of 100% exclusive opportunities only available to $WAXM holders.
I won’t list them all but we have a full list of redeemable prizes and a more detailed breakdown of all the above information at www.waxmoney.com

Hope to meet some more of you and share more ideas within the social token community. Thanks Rob Voice, Phelps and the team at Rally for all the help so far. Rally to the moon :rocket:

2 Likes

@WaxMotif Thanks for getting this onto the forum @robvoice

Shoooot! Should be talking about $WAXM to the moon :rocket:

Thanks for sharing all these uses and I was really stoked to see your write up at waxmoney.com. We liked how you explicitly call out the move from Twitch subscriptions to WAXM for participation in Bassline Boss and Demo streams, alongside the rewards, use cases and discord membership tiers.

The Creator Council met this week and reviewed all the submissions. We’ll report back to the community and creators on the rewards allocation at or before the Friday community call. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

Hey guys

My name is Wax Motif. I’m a music producer and DJ from Sydney, Australia and I launched my coin about 4 weeks ago. I kept my launch lowkey so apologies if I’ve been a bit quiet. I’m not new to crypto but a lot of my fans are so having a slower approach has given me time to onboard my day 1 fans whilst trying to minimize speculators and provide security through stability. I’ve been into the concept of social tokens for some time so it’s extremely exciting to be able to finally execute some of these ideas. I’ve tried to build my use cases around the three pillars of buying, holding & exchanging. Some of the cases we’ve already implemented within my Waxgang community include:

• Waxgang Discord: Private discord with tiered membership levels (Tiers 1 - 4)

• DSR Dropbox: Direct access demo dropbox for my record label at Tier 4 which is checked daily

• The Marketplace: which is a place to exchange goods and services for $WAXM. Think Fiverr meets Craiglist. One person in our community is currently doing private Call Of Duty coaching lessons weekly and receiving donations in WAXM

• The Studio: This is the place to get direct help with one of your tracks from me. Checked daily. Accessible at Tier 4.

• The Waxgang Fund: This is a community Rally wallet which we all donate to. The fund will be used for community related activities / charities and essentially run as a DAO. Any Tier 2 and up member is eligible to vote on the use of the funds in the Voting Booth thread. While the fund is still building (almost at $1k USD) we have been pitching ideas across the community which range from secret santas, paying for a private Waxgang shuttle bus at a festival like EDC, paying for an end of year community party, investing in digital assets, charitable donations to community members in need, etc

• Bassline Boss: This is a monthly production battle I host on twitch with a new guest judge every week. Our guests have included headline DJs such as Tchami, AC Slater, Chris Lorenzo, Dombresky & more. The entry fee for the battles is 1 $WAXM coin (+ the 1 $WAXM required to access the discord)

• Demo Day: This is a music demo stream I host to find music to sign to my label Divided Souls Records. The entry fee for the battles is 1 $WAXM coin (+ the 1 $WAXM required to access the discord)

Tiered Reward System: These threads offer prizes and contests randomly. Eligibility for each of these will depend on the members tier status. Prizes so far have ranged from free sample packs, discount codes, exclusive music downloads and currently we are giving away a double pass to North Coast Festival for all 3 days eligible to anyone who is Tier 2 and up.

Redeemable Reward System: To encourage holding and accumulating. The prizes here are a huge list of 100% exclusive opportunities only available to $WAXM holders. I won’t list them all but we have a full list of redeemable prizes and a more detailed breakdown of all the above information at www.waxmoney.com

Hope to meet some more of you and share more ideas within the social token community. Thanks Rob Voice, Phelps and the team at Rally for all the help so far. Rally to the moon :rocket:

4 Likes

The community vocals reminded me of Hans Zimmer with Dark Knight Rises: https://www.themarysue.com/hans-zimmer-the-dark-knight-rises-chant/

Wow! I never know Hans did that. Love it, and of course everyone involved loves it too.

Hey @WaxMotif - just wanted to say that I’m loving your work with this. You’ve been one of the rarer exceptions for artists I’ve seen where you seem really genuinely excited about leveraging something like this to build your own fan ecosystem.

I especially appreciate your example of Fiverr meets Craigslist and the CoD fan exchange.

I think that’s really where the concept of a social token opens up opportunities: artist becomes the conduit for like-minded value exchange. I see what you’re doing and just wanted to give you h/t. Rally is super lucky to have you on board as an innovator showing what’s possible with something like this.

Thanks Henry! bullish on creator economics :slight_smile:

1 Like