We’d like to propose the engagement of a crypto-focused PR, marketing and communications firm to drive awareness of the Rally project through daily strategic content marketing (for example, bylines, blog, creator and product launch materials, promotional videos, newsletter and more), media relations, creator support, and event management (weekly community video call, key speaking opportunities and community meet-ups).
While the future potential of the Rally Network is strong, we feel it is essential to continue a strong pace of marketing and growth activities to benefit and grow awareness of the Rally Network. The Rally team is a group of seasoned professionals who understand that strong and strategic PR, marketing and communications can be instrumental to the continued success of any project. We’d like to propose that the Rally community approve of the engagement of a PR firm to work for the benefit of the Rally Network, with funding for the engagement to come from the Community Treasury, and experienced Rally team members to select the firm and manage the work on a day-to-day basis.
We believe that it is essential to this engagement that the Rally community assess the success of the services, review KPIs, and authorize the continuation of the activities, with the power to adjust or cancel the engagement as desired. As part of the proposal, the Rally team will pre-fund the Community Treasury with $60k, during which time the community will have ample time to start measuring and evaluating these PR activities.
We strongly believe that strategic communications will drive the success of the overall Rally project, including additional influential creator sign-ups and consumer participation, as well as establishing trust, transparency and affinity with crypto press and thought-leaders. We’d like to propose a recurring grant from the Community Treasury - up to a max of $20k/mo - to retain a PR firm to elevate the Rally Network’s external presence in a few key areas:
- Global Content Marketing:
- Develop and syndicate multi-media content that grows awareness for project, creators and community including top tier creators announcements, case studies, and bylines
- Create and disseminate a regular flow of information and news on the project through Rally blog, newsletter and weekly video call
- Create content and marketing materials to support key creator and product launches
Key Deliverables: High quality multimedia content including almost daily blog content and weekly newsletter that features creator, community, product and network news and case studies. Grow key metrics for blog and newsletter. Creator Coin launch videos measured in views across social media. Ancillary product or network marketing materials evaluated by views where applicable.
- Global Media Relations
- Actively developing and writing narratives/ story angles to drive awareness and support for the project and participating creators and community.
- Partner with top tier creators to publicly announce and launch their Creator Coin
- Create regular creator spotlight program to grow awareness of individual Creator Coin
- Identify and pitch case studies featuring a myriad of creators spanning multiple sectors
- Actively pitching Rally to crypto and mainstream media for inclusion in larger pieces or standalone stories heralding Rally project, participating creators and community.
- Developing and maintaining custom media lists across multiple sectors specific to Rally
- Create Thought Leadership program to help insert key Rally leadership into industry conversations across social media, events, press interviews, bylines and more
- Developing high level talking points for senior Rally team members
Key Deliverables: Regular drumbeat of positive media coverage in multiple sectors (US and global blockchain press (including CoinDesk, DeFiant, DeCrypt, CoinTelegraph, Bankless), consumer tech press (including TechCrunch, Mashable, VentureBeat, The Verge), business press (NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, Reuters), consumer press (USA TODAY, Buzzfeed, People, Associated Press, Today show) and specific verticals (like esports/gaming and music).
- Global Events Management
- Develop a robust speaking event calendar for core Rally team members that span podcasts, crypto summits, meet-ups, and top-tier consumer events.
- Actively pitch Rally for key speaking events/podcast including preparing submissions
- Develop regular cadence of Meet Up events for Rally Community including a weekly video community call.
- Partner with community to create and deliver larger events to highlight key themes of the project to grow leadership position
Key Deliverables: Prominent keynote and panel speaking events for core Rally team members including SF Blockchain Week, Korea Blockchain Week, Token 2049, Singapore Blockchain Week, Asia Crypto Summit, Paris Blockchain Week, CES, Vidcon, SXSW and more. Weekly video call with Rally team to highlight new creators, walk community through product and network updates, Q&A with community.
Summary and KPIs
The community should actively vet the results to justify continued monthly spend based on the following KPIs:
- Content Marketing: weekly newsletter, weekly video call, nearly daily blog posts, 2-3 bylines a month. Engaged firm will track and report key growth metrics (newsletter subscribers, blog subscribers)
- Speaking: 3-5 quality speaking engagements per month with the possibility of more
- Media Relations: 5 or more press articles per month with the possibility of more based on news. For example, the Keisuke announcement drove more than 100 articles, Rally launch drove more than 150. Engaged firm will track and share coverage through Discord and provide regular updates during weekly community call.
This would be the largest treasury grant proposed to date. That said, we strongly believe that a tightly managed PR firm will lead to significant growth in the Rally Network through new creator sign-ups, increased global crypto awareness of the Rally project, and greater Creator Coin interest.
To summarize, we are contemplating a proposal for the Community Treasury to spend up to $20k/mo towards the engagement of a PR firm, with the Rally team selecting the firm and managing the work on a day-to-day basis. The Rally team will provide $60K to the Community Treasury as a grant to assist with funding core strategic initiatives like this one. Assuming this proposal passes, the community could decide to adjust or terminate this contract as desired.