We are building a new media organization that fills a significant gap in the creator economy and impedes growth, particularly for creators using social tokens. A grant from the Rally community would help accelerate the work and bring more focus to Rally creators and topics specifically. It can be a building block to support other efforts already underway, help directly impact metrics important to Rally, and would be led by an active Rally community member.
Little More Detail TLDR
- I am Bret Kinsella, the creator of $BOT Coin along with several industry colleagues.
- In 2016, we identified a gap in the Voice AI market around intelligent assistants. That led to the creation of Voicebot.ai which along with our research division became the top source for news, data, and analysis in the Voice AI industry and the most cited resource in the news media and throughout academia.
- A similar gap exists in the creator economy. There is no central resource that people trust or even have access to that addresses the business and technology of the creator economy and that constrains growth and leaves money on the table.
- Rally faces specific challenges that this gap exacerbates.
- Filling that gap while simultaneously shining an independent spotlight on the Rally Network, Rally creators, and the unique value offered can help existing creators be more successful, help recruit new high-quality creators, and bring new money and attention to the network. It will help amplify the work Bremner and the marketing team are doing.
- We are launching a new publication, media business, and research firm under a new brand to focus on this space. Our original plan was to grow this slowly but given Rally’s needs and suggestions from some of the coin creators, we have identified a plan to accelerate the growth strategy and drive even more near-term benefits to Rally with a modest amount of community support.
Now for Those of You That Would Like to Dig Deeper
I am working on a project that I believe can add value to creators and Rally directly as well as benefit all creator coin holders in the network. There is a gap today in awareness of Rally and its unique business model. That isn’t unique to Rally. It is faced by all new companies, particularly those that are inventing a new way to do business. The Rally marketing team is moving forward with an aggressive plan to help drive up awareness. Those are critical efforts as this market is accelerating.
However, Rally faces more challenges than a typical startup. There is general market confusion about cryptocurrency. How does Rally compare to other ERC-20s or to Bitclout and even to NFTs? Is it like Bitcoin? Didn’t Bitcoin just tank? Aren’t the Chinese shutting down cryptocurrency? Do I need a cold storage Wallet? What the heck is Gas fees? Or, how high are Gas fees for Rally creator coins? Close to zero civilians can answer any of these questions and they come up every day as a coin creator. Very few experienced crypto users would even be able to answer these questions in a Rally context because it is one of so many ERC 20s.
Not many people really understand Bitcoin and fewer still have come to understand the concept of a sidechain based on Ethereum. To compound this problem, most people don’t even understand the fiat monetary system they have grown up with so trying to translate all of this is time-consuming and often leads to frustration. These layers of technical complexity obscure the value Rally has introduced. The Rally marketing programs will help but there is much to be done and it will be a continuing process.
With that in mind, the project I am developing adds value beyond traditional marketing efforts and will benefit everyone in the Rally network. This is based on a playbook we have run before and are tailoring to this new segment. Some specific benefits include:
- Generate more awareness for Rally creators among brands and other organizations with budgets for influencer marketing campaigns that could be integrated with creator coin projects
- Generate more awareness for Rally creators among media by providing a platform for independent exposure through a specialist media and research organization that backs analysis with concrete data
- Provide an independent source of information about Rally that can help educate businesses, media, and others
- Provide resources for creators to help them better manage and add value to their coin economies
- Raise awareness among creators that Rally is an attractive option for building their businesses
This post has a simple aim: gauge whether the Rally community would be interested in helping accelerate these efforts given the importance of quickly raising awareness and developing momentum around both the Rally network and individual creators. It would be designed to bring positive attention to Rally which can help recruit more creators, help existing creators be more successful, draw in corporate sponsors that will invest budgets in creators and their coin economies, and provide another source for media to generate story ideas related to Rally. These are all elements that can help create a Rally flywheel and complement the market education efforts soon to be underway by Miguel Vias with the exchanges and efforts of the Rally marketing team more broadly.
Boosting Shared Success
For those of you who I have not met, I’m Bret Kinsella. Along with several industry colleagues, I created $BOT Coin in March. $BOT Coin is a community effort in the Spirit of $ART (but with developers instead of artists) with shared benefits and is in many ways similar to the entire Rally network. We all have a shared fate to some extent. The better Rally’s awareness and reputation, the easier it will be for all of our individual efforts to be successful and benefit everyone holding a coin in the Rally network.
Filling Gaps in the Creator Economy
There are some gaps today in the way the creator economy is organized (or is not organized as the case may be). There are media that cover the gossip or big news events and others that focus on the social media platforms but none focus exclusively on the business and technology of the creator economy. This is the same gap that Voicebot filled in for the voice AI technology world. We took something that was highly fragmented and through news, data, education, and analysis established the central hub globally for information and networking in the industry.
From the outside, Voicebot.ai looks like a successful industry publication with a podcast, newsletter, the occasional live stream, webinars, and other things you’d expect. But, there is more to it. Voicebot.ai has become and core part of the industry fabric. At a recent industry conference, more than 60% of all presentations had at least one Voicebot chart or reference. Many had several. Every industry needs a trusted source.
We are working on a new launch to fulfill that same role for the creator economy. It will include daily news, industry research, consumer data, reports, and other elements that will attract marketers with budgets as well as provide information that will be useful to creators and generally promote the best elements of this radical change in our media landscape.
My past work has involved both sides of the table. As a creator, I’ve built a large high-value audience and new revenue streams. As a CMO, I’ve also spent hundreds of thousands of dollars hiring influencers and supported many independently as a consumer. This knowledge combined with my team’s experience in news publishing, research, and analysis offers us significant advantages in building out a unique resource for the creator economy.
Bringing Specific Value to the Rally Community
Our plan was to build the publication and research business up slowly using existing resources starting next month. However, we are considering a way to accelerate this process and bring more focus to Rally based on some conversations with a few Rally creators and others in the community who suggested this was needed now. To be clear, the focus would not be exclusively on Rally. We are going to cover the business of the creator economy broadly. That is the best way to build a large, sustainable, and valuable audience. However, with some Rally backing, I would plan to accelerate these efforts and bring a great deal more focus to the community more quickly.
Examples of specific outputs that would directly benefit the Rally network:
- A Rally specific section of the publication
- Profiles of a minimum number of Rally creators per month
- Regular news and updates related to Rally
- Information on how Rally works and differs from other ERC-20 or similar concepts
- How crypto is being used to grow the creator economy and creating more value for all parties involved
- Publication of a Rally portfolio index
- HIghlighting of Rally in an industry report
In addition, we would be providing educational resources for creators to help them grow their economies while simultaneously attracting brand marketers with budgets to support Rally creators.
To do this would require additional staff and investment in primary research which we could support at about 16k RLY per month for six months.
Rally is implementing a Blitzscaling approach which seems wholly appropriate for the market size and the timing. This new resource that I am working on could be the first third party to really bring focused attention to the company and do it in a way that brings analytic depth. That would be valuable as a reference point for assuaging concerns of future coin holders, convincing new creators to choose Rally over alternatives, recruiting corporate interest in sponsoring Rally creators, and driving media attention.
Let me know what you think.